Saturday, February 2, 2008

He works in ways we can't even see

Looking back at e-mails that I wrote during this process has really helped me to see how God was moving. Here is an e-mail I wrote last November:

DATE: 11/20/2007
This has been such a unique and heart-wrenching process for us! I have days too where I've been completely sad and discouraged and anxious . . . etc. It's still hard - even after having a referral because there are so many unknowns! For some reason lately God has really blessed me with a peace and rest about everything, but that has definitely not been my attitude throughout the process! . . . It's so hard to wait! . . .

So, the names. . . We are keeping Lilibeth's first name - We actually really like it! It is a combination of Lilian and Elizabeth. Lilian means "pure" and Elizabeth means "My God is abundance." We are changing her middle name to Joy (it is Melisa). We haven't settled on a name for Eddie yet, but we will most likely keep his middle name which is Eduardo (they call him Eduardo at the orphanage because his first name is Carlos and they had too many Carlos's already.)

. . . I just look back on everything now, and even though we don't have Lilibeth and Eddie in our arms yet, I can see why the Lord caused the delays that he did, even though it was painful and so hard at times. He has worked in ways that I can't even see, and I trust that Lilibeth and Eddie need to be where they are a bit longer than we had hoped because God has a greater plan than mine.

Oh, and I know what you mean about being concerned about the kid's transition into your home! I've been thinking about that a TON lately! I've noticed though that I get more anxious when I spend a lot of time reading the posts on the Guatadopt list - The people post the really hard situations, but the people who have good situations don't bother writing about it. But, I do think it will be hard. But it will be good too! And it will build character and faith! (I'll need to save this e-mail so I can read it to myself when the kids come home.) :)

Little did I realize that I what this e-mail would mean to me now. It will be hard, but it will be good. And it will build character and faith. God has a greater plan than mine!

3 comments:

  1. praying for peace that passes all understanding and the acceptance to be OK with never knowing the WHYs in life along with the peace of not having to figure them out.

    God's Abundant Blessings to YOU right now as you lean into him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah, I tagged you... check out my blog for details. ;0) Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!