Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Jesus, I am resting, resting

The Lord is continuing to teach us how to rest in Him. (In more ways than we ever anticipated!) Here is an e-mail to a friend who asked if I was nervous about our adoption:

DATE: 12/14/2007

I'm definitely nervous. Especially during the hard days - then I think, "Am I crazy, what was I thinking?!? How am I going to do this with four kids?" But then, I always come back to the amazing way that God has led us here so far, and I know (with my head, but not always my heart) that if God does not want this to happen - it still will not happen. I also know, like you said, that I really can't do it on my own. And I think that is exactly where God wants us to be - so that in our weakness He will make us strong. He gets the glory.

Right now I am struggling with how to make sure that I am in a place where I'm resting in Him and His strength even during the "easy" days, so that when the tough ones come (and I am expecting them to come) - I'll be better prepared and in the
habit of resting. (It makes me think of that hymn - "Jesus I am resting, resting. In the joy of what thou art; I am finding out the greatness, of Thy loving heart.) So, I think of it as an opportunity to learn more about God and for my faith to grow. (And trust me - I have a lot of growing to do!) I can totally imagine how you must be feeling right now though - It's easy for me to calmly say these things because I have not just been hit with any huge news!
Hang on to Jesus! I'm praying for you!
Sarah
ps Okay, so I had to go look up the rest of the words to that hymn - If you are interested, I love the verses (although the music on this site has much to be desired!!!) http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/j/i/jiamrest.htm
As we are resting in Jesus, you - my faithful readers - I'm sure have had quite enough of the posts of old e-mails! Of course I could go on an on, but with the next few posts I am going to list some of the adoption resources that I have been using and have found especially helpful. Should be a bit more interesting for those of you who are adopting right now. Thank you for continuing to pray for us and for Lilibeth and Eddie.

4 comments:

  1. I think of you often and pray for you to find strength and comfort in Him, especially when it is difficult. How specifically can I/we pray for you, as I want to bring your needs in front of the Lord?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I remember that email well. Your strength then- and now- tells me what an amazing person you truly are. I continue to pray for you daily as you walk through this journey. I know God has big plans for you guys- how could he not with such strong faith and obedience! I'm praying for you and thanking God for the blessing of your friendship. Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying and thinking of you as you seek the Lord during this time. May God give you strength, direction and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I just came across your blog this evening. What a story, I can't even begin to understand where your emotions have been these past few months.

    We are nearing the end of our adoption journey (hopefully), our son is at the EN as well. If you would like for us to take down a care pkg, please let me know.

    Our blog is at www.thewilkensfamily.blogspot.com

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!