Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Purpose of this blog

When I started this blog my purpose was to share our exciting news of our referral and then future updates with family and close friends. We were new to the blogging scene and nervous about making personal information public, but as time went on and our attachment to Lilibeth and Eddie grew, we eventually wanted to tell everyone we met our exciting news. I enjoyed also the idea of meeting other adoptive families who were also waiting for kids from our same orphanage. I anticipated printing entries and comments out for Lilibeth's and Eddie's Lifebooks.

The other purpose of my blog was to enlist the help of our family and friends in praying for us and for Lilibeth and Eddie. I want to thank all of you for your encouragement and prayers during the last months. God has definitely granted many requests.

My purpose of continuing this blog, even after loosing hope that Lilibeth and Eddie will come home is to glorify God by attempting to tell our story in such a way that shows how He has moved and is working even through an incredibly difficult and tumultuous adoption process. We have prayed since the beginning of our adoption process (over three years ago) that God would display His glory and draw people to Himself through our process. And even though we do not have a "fairy tale ending" to our story, our prayer remains the same.

So, over the next several entries I will attempt to piece together our story for you. My prayer for you as you read this is that you will be irresistibly drawn to our almighty God who is good all the time.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know you but reading your blog I can see your amazing faith...regardless of circumstances. Keep persevering! I was referred to your blog through Whitney...Ellie's adoptive mom after I agreed to help support Lilibet in this time of limbo. I was at Eagle's Nest this summer (and am going back next summer for a month) and made my Christmas gift to my friends and family to Eagle's Nest and saw that Lili was one of the kids that needed support. And was more than happy to sponsor her. I pray that the Lord will work in amazing ways and bring Lilibet and Eddie home! I'll keep tracking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah and Jonathan,
    Thanks for sharing your blog and story. My wife, Pearlie, and I also have 2 at EN. If you look through the pics you will see Lillibeth and maybe Eddie. I do remember them both. Our visit in December will forever be embedded in my brain and mind's eye. I look forward to hearing about PROGRESS as well as sharing ours with you. Feel free to get in touch via email at jeffpope11@yahoo.com, website, or blog. Prayers for you both and all of US!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your thoughtful posts, full of the Word and wisdom only from Him. He has amazing things planed for your family and I look forward to seeing them unfold!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!