Monday, January 28, 2008

All things work together for good

We are still processing what has happened these last few months. It has been a very difficult experience. I know that we have grown a lot through all the ups and downs and yes, even through the grief that we've gone through and are still dealing with. It's been very helpful and healing for me to look back at journal entries and e-mails that I sent to friends throughout these last several months. I thought I'd share some of those with you so that you too can hopefully see how God has been leading us and causing us to grown even through pain.

The following e-mail was sent to a friend just six days before our referral.


Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007
20:27:47 -0500
We just found out that we are now number 5 on the waitlist. (So we moved up two spots in the last 1+ months.) [It actually turned out that we had not moved at all, but they anticipated that we would be moving up in the next week or so.] I don't really know what that means for us at this point . . . I have been talking with my social worker a lot about their domestic minority program. We have been praying about whether we should just switch to that program now, but when my social worker mentioned that to [the social worker at our international agency], [she] said she would like it if we could just "sit tight" for a little while longer, but she wouldn't say why . . .

I guess I don't really understand why she was not willing to give a reason why she wanted us to wait. But I'm trying, trying, trying to be patient and peaceful. For some reason it's harder when I feel like someone else might know something I would like to know :o)

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28 (English Standard Version)

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, all those emails...sure helped us in those uncertain times, huh? I hope and pray that you can continue on the adoption journey, where ever God is pointing you, because your family has so much to offer. Don't give up on your dreams. I know you are frustrated and were so ready to take that next step. Cling close to God, as He is the only one with the answers. Praying for peace and discernment

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!