Monday, January 28, 2008

Lessons Learned: Let Go and Let God

Through our adoption process so far we have learned so much more about what it really means to "let go and trust in God's perfect timing and perfect wisdom" than I ever imagined when I wrote this e-mail (just three days before our referral). It was good for me to read my own e-mail reminding me not to get all upset about things that are really beyond my control and to "rest in knowing that God is in control and working all things (even the hard things) together for our good!"

Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007

This whole process is teaching me to just let go and really trust in God's perfect timing and perfect wisdom. Knowing that no matter what happens it will be for good. So, I'm learning not to get all upset about things that are really beyond my control. . . Of course my first thoughts are - "wait a minute, why wasn't our process like that!" But I know better than to dwell on that.

It's really a growing experience for me. I'm usually much more of a "hands on," "get it done," "assert yourself" type person. Anyways, just random thoughts, but all to say that it's really been good to rest in knowing that God is in control and working all things (even the hard things) together for our good! My biggest prayer through this whole process is that no matter what happens God will amazingly glorify his name through our process. . . I'm also praying that God would mightily show Himself to our social worker and others at [our homestudy agency] through our adoption process. In some ways we've already seen His blessing and answering that prayer, and we trust He will continue to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!