Thursday, January 17, 2008

My Husband's Response

After reading my last post, my husband e-mailed me with some additional thoughts:
I think God has blessed us with a taste of his experience of adopting us. Because of a desire in his heart to rescue those who were without a 'home' he committed himself to a process which in the short term caused him intense suffering and pain. Unlike us, God knew ahead of time that the process would be unspeakably difficult and full of rejection and betrayal. He endured this because he knew that displaying the glory of his adopting love was worth the price he would pay and that it would eventually result in an eternal joy. We got to channel a bit of his adopting love to Eddie and Lilibeth, and though this love did not produce the fruit of successful adoption we get to rejoice that this love will not be wasted and will somehow fold in to that eternal joy that all of God's successfully adopted children will one day feel.

3 comments:

  1. Your husband seems as wise and amazing as you are Sarah. I wish there were more people like you all in this world because it would be a much better place to be!
    Love you guys! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear you 2 are working through all the emotions you are feeling and giving it to God. He is there for you and maybe eventually you will be able to look back and understand the journey. Miss talking to ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your childen are at the EN in Solola?

    I just found your website. I thought I recognized it in the background. They are beautiful!

    jpbeamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!