Tuesday, November 20, 2007

God's perfect timing

I've just been thinking a lot lately about how God has mightily answered our prayers throughout this process. SO, to encourage you, I thought I'd list some of the ways He has been moving. This will just be random thoughts/blog entries.

I was looking back at God's timing for everything so far. Here is a copy of an e-mail I sent to a friend on Monday, September 24th:
This whole process is teaching me to just let go and really trust in God's perfect timing and perfect wisdom. Knowing that no matter what happens it will be for good. So, I'm learning not to get all upset about things that are really beyond my control. (Like why didn't we get to be on the waitlist right away.) Of course my first thoughts are - "wait a minute, why wasn't our process like that!" But I know better than to dwell on that. It's really a growing experience for me. I'm usually much more of a "hands on," "get it done," "assert yourself" type person. Anyways, just random thoughts, but all to say that it's really been good to rest in knowing that God is in control and working all things (even the hard things) together for our good! My biggest prayer through this whole process is that no matter what happens God will amazingly glorify his name through our process. We are actually kind of in a unique situation working with Crossroads, because as far as I know, most of their employees are not believers. So I'm also praying that God would mightily show Himself to our social worker and others at Crossroads through our adoption process. In some ways we've already seen His blessing and answering that prayer, and we trust He will continue to do that!
Here's are excerpts from an e-mail I sent just four days later on Thursday morning, September 27th:
We got a referral this morning!!! Okay, let me back up. Last night I told my husband that I am praying that if God wants us to move ahead with Guatemala, then he would give us a referral THIS week . . . So, this morning my phone rings at 8 am. It's my social worker. She says, "I know now why Joanna told you to hang tight." There are siblings (3 year old girl and 1 year old boy) . . .WOW! We are just amazed! Not only did God answer my prayers about siblings (I wanted a girl that exact age and a baby boy!), but he also gave us our referral when we asked for it.
(NOTE: We were number 7 on the waitlist when we decided to pray for a referral by the end of the week.)

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you guys tonight Sarah. I know the wait is long... and I know that it's hard to go through each day when a piece of your heart is in Guatemala. But I also know that next year this time there will be 2 extra place settings at your table and the chairs will be FULL- and your heart will be too. Hang in there- they ARE coming home. Each day is one day closer... they're waiting for you too and can't wait to meet their mama! (Lillibeth told me so!) (((HUGS))) Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!